On hospital admission
- Identify yourself as an insured: by presenting your insurance card, policy and a valid official identification.
- By internal regulation, a deposit is requested per day, which can be by credit card, debit or cash, until there is an authorization letter from the insurance company.
- Minimum stay to activate your insurance is 24 hours.
- The hospital will report the admission to the insurer and will be updating the clinical file.
During your hospital stay
- Continues in close communication with the treating physician: if the intervention of other physicians (interconsultants) is required, and requests their reports.
- Find out from the interconsulting doctors about your health or that of your family member and review with them the issue of their medical fees if they are not network doctors.
- In the event that the insured or beneficiary chooses his doctor and he does not belong to the network of his insurer, it is important to consider that the company will pay him according to the table of medical fees of the contracted plan and the deductible and coinsurance will apply, agreed in your policy.
- It may happen that the doctor charges differences in fees, or that the payment of these fees is sometimes carried out through reimbursement.
- In the case of being treated by network doctors, medical fees will be covered in accordance with the agreement and there will be a reduction or elimination of the deductible and coinsurance, which will depend on the conditions of your policy, so it is suggested that you read carefully the observations that come in your letter of authorization.
From the time your doctor discharges you
- Notify your insurer that you have been discharged; this will help speed up the process.
- Control or reception desk will prepare your final account and send it to your Insurer for review and deviations.
- During this process you can wait in your room until a Central de Especialidades Médicas de La Paz executive contacts you to notify you that you can go to the checkout to review your account; once the account is closed, the hospital will not charge any extra for the waiting stay .
- In the checkout you will be informed of the breakdown of the expenses covered and those not covered by your insurer, as well as the values corresponding to the deductible and coinsurance.
The clinical discharge is formalized with the indication of your treating doctor in the file, this will start the administrative discharge, phase where the last charges are made and your account is prepared, this will take a period of approximately 3 to 6 hours.
Information about your medical expense policy and hospital medical agreement
During your stay at the Central de Especialidades Médicas de La Paz, if you require more information or an additional service related to your insurance, we suggest you request it directly from your company, which must inform you to your full satisfaction of the conditions of the medical-hospital agreement, as well as the payment of the deductible and coinsurance indicated in your policy and all those services not included or covered by it.